Tenant Frequently Asked Questions
Can you hold a place before I apply?
- All applications are taken into consideration on a first come first serve basis if all information is submitted.
Do I pay first month’s rent and last month’s rent with my security deposit?
- Yes, once you have been approved for one of our suites we do require certified funds for first and last months’ rental payments.
How old do you have to be to apply?
- We require that you are at least 18 years old to apply for one of our suites.
Is the deposit refundable?
- We also require a $200.00 key deposit. This deposit is refundable if the keys are not lost, stolen or damaged.
You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?We require the following to be provided with our application in order to apply:
- Rental Application
- Photo ID
- Employment letter
- Two most recent paystubs
- Personal References
- Recent credit report
How do I pay rent?
- 10 postdated cheques
- We will be soon be offering a pre-authorized payment/ Online payment option for all tenants.
I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?
- Both tenants are legally responsible until the end of their lease term. If one tenant would like to move-out of the suite, they would have to find a replacement roommate that meet and qualifies with the original terms set out in the initial lease agreement.
My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?
- We require you to provide 60 days written notice with all lease holders signatures noting the month and day that you would like to vacate. This letter must be received by the landlord on or before the first of the month sixty days prior to vacating.
- Any notices received after the first of the month will be deemed “short notice”. If the suite is not re-rented by the end of the “short notice” vacate date the tenant(s) will be responsible for rental payment until the end of the month thereafter.
Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?
- Tenant will be responsible for the first $75.00 of any repair required unless such repair is caused due to the tenant’s negligence or that of their guests or direct act, in this case the tenant will be responsible for the full cost.